JOIN OUR TEAM 🌱🌱🌱
We are currently recruiting lodge managers.
The Masoala Peninsula holds Madagascar’s largest remaining tract of lowland rainforest and is a haven of biodiversity and endemism. Accessible only by boat, our Masoala Forest Lodge is a perfect castaway retreat lovingly built over two decades by modern-day adventurers Pierre and Maria Bester. Together with 52 staff (about 20 per shift), we run Masoala Forest Lodge, a 7-bungalow eco-lodge offering outdoor experiences (hiking, snorkelling, kayaking in and near the rainforest). We operate between Tana, Maroantsetra, Masoala Forest Lodge, and Cap Masoala where we also accommodate guests. We are open from April to January and close for three months of the year between January and April.
• Hosting of the guests
• Communicating between the guests, staff, and guides
• Kitchen management
• Restaurant management
• Catering and Planning Meals
• Guide management
• Joining and guiding guests on activities: hiking, snorkeling, kayaking
• Staff planning and management
• Assisting the other managers in the overall running of the lodge
We are open from April to January and close for three months of the year between January and April. The managers work during the 8,5 month season 7 days a week with regular off-time in the afternoons and a six-day vacation twice a season.
Most managers travel during the three-month off-season when the lodge is closed. This time is unpaid.
• Knowledge of Malagasy (ideally Betsimisaraka)
• Excellent English. French and German are not a requirement but are advantageous.
• Energetic and enthusiastic early riser in good health.
• Superb people skills and a passion for wildlife, conservation, and sustainable tourism.
• Love nature and the ocean and simple outdoor living.
• Happy to spend extended periods of time in a remote and isolated setting.
• Ability to work with the staff in a friendly and harmonious atmosphere.
• Experience in catering and hospitality.
• Experience in staff and cash management.
• Basic computer and administrative skills.
• Kayaking, boating, and snorkelling experience is advantageous.
• A first aid qualification is advantageous.
SALARY Euro 800 – 3000 ( starting at 800 and rising every 3 months)
APPLICATION INSTRUCTION Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us through social media first to make contact. Instagram: masoalaforestlodge Facebook: masoalaforestlodge Apply until: 25 January 2023